26 May 2009

Sasha and Sinjin

For months (9.5 of them to be more exact), *Steve* and dog-eared a baby name book scouring it for good names. All the while, we knew we'd have a girl and what we'd name her. But for the longest time we fought over boys' names. He liked SINJIN because of Sinjin Smith and I liked SASHA because, well, I like the name Sasha for a boy.


So, there was our little daughter lying there so perfect and screaming her head off looking for her name. And the obstetrician said "What's her name?". I had barely time to process that a child had just come out of me and now I had to give it a name. I didn't even confer with *Steve*. I just took one look at her and blurted it out.

It was the middle name *Mila* that took a few days to enter onto the birth registry. Thank goodness you are a girl. Imagine how life would have been so different if you were Sasha or Sinjin?
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails