18 April 2009

Uh Miss-us-uh-Wiggins Could You Come in Here?

*Mila*: "I want to watch old fashioned songs on You Tube."

Me: "Like from the 80's? Because I know that's old fashioned for you."

*Mila*: "Yeah, really old old fashioned songs."

Me: " What would my grandmothers say? Okay, let's see what we get when we search for old fashioned songs? I know, how about 'I Love Lucy'?"

Was I born inside a television set? She clearly said songs, not tv shows!

*Steve*: "She clearly said 'old fashioned songs' so give her what she wants."

And I'm the one letting her have everything she wants?

Me: "Okay, I'll be putting my conductor hat away now."

*Steve*: "How about Gene Kelly in 'An American in Paris'?"

This would be where *Steve* tries to appease both of us, knowing full well that AAIP is my all time favourite movie and besides who doesn't enjoy a little Gene Kelly singing and dancing in the faux streets of Paris or in the rain?

*Mila*: "Yeah, like Gene Kelly!"

- Interlude with "I Got Rhythm" goes here. Hum the tune in your head. -

*Steve*: "Maybe she'd like to see some old episodes of the 'Carol Burnett Show'?"

Me: "Oh, Mr. Tudball! Do you re..."

*Steve*: "And Miss-us-uh-Wiggins?"

- canned laughter goes here -

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails