14 April 2009

Big Bugs & Bad Water

While I didn't get any of my own photos of the big backyard monsters at the RBG, I can say that *Mila* got her fill running around with her playdate at the RBG. If for some reason you are visiting my blog and the Backyard Monster link is now defunct, I encourage you to visit the www.rbg.ca website. Read about Project Paradise: restoring a freshwater marsh back to its natural self-sustaining ability. Very inspiring.
On the topic of water, nature, and a clean planet, I have to bring up No-Impact Man's blog post yesterday. I have to say that these images of cruddy oceans filled with bits of plastic are really burning into my brain. I was up last night tossing and turning worrying about what we (really, plastic consumers) have done to our planet with plastic. I made *Mila* touch kitchen items made from plastic. OK, so I am getting off topic. His post is more about the issue of bottled water and the new documentary "Tapped". Cannot wait to see this film. My parents are scared of what they might see on Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth", this may make them really tremble. The saddest part of it all, plastic can save an economy and destroy a planet. Someone said to me that their mother always said "Plastic will ruin us". That mother was ahead of her time. It is destroying us.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails