30 April 2009

Stop Eating my Friends!

Dear Pig Friends,

For a long time now I see you pass by in trucks that carry you to be slaughtered and every time a tear falls on my cheek as I wonder how senseless it is to take your defenseless sweet pink body and slaughter it to oblivion for some pulled pork sandwiches. The rotten flesh to be carted back down the highway for recycling and poured into some dog food creation or god knows what.

Well, hello. Now all of a sudden it has become apparent that pigs carry disease. A virus that is deadly to humans and now people everywhere don't want to eat you, be near you or even think about you. Good. Things happen on this planet for a reason. I'm not going to give you poor little piggies the God speech. You'll read my blog and be able to tell that I don't always capitalize the word god (see above) and sometimes I do believe *Steve* when he says that aliens planted life on the planet and come back to visit every so often for an anal probe or too to even up the score. See, this earth planet of ours is a closed system, it is finite. What we do here stays here and it never disappears. When we get decide to act carelessly on this planet and treat the world as if it were infinite pumping piggy poop out left, right and centre, we get what we deserve. A swine flu.

If you care enough to read more about my piggy friends and want to make a difference by limiting your bacon intake for a little while or longer, please read about this Factory Hog farm in Tewksbury, Delaware. No relation to our fine Olympic swimmer, Mark Tewksbury, who now hosts "How Things are Made" on the Discovery Channel and once shook my mother's hand.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails