02 December 2007

Living in a van down by the river?



Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! We love you.

I need to learn how to shut my mouth sometimes because I live with a mini parrot. She repeats everything I say and quite literally too. As a threat to get *Mila* to pick up her pencil crayons that she ditched all over the floor while I helped *Steve* with formulas in Excel (I think I'd rather pick up pencil crayons), I told her that I would give them away to someone who deserved them. I shouldn't have gone into great detail, especially using Chris Farley quotes from SNL. She began to sift through her dress up clothes while we finished the formula perfections and she came out with a pair of socks that my Gran knit for her last year or maybe the year before. She handed them to me and said, and this is classic, "Mom, I decided that I should try these socks on to see if they still fit. Because if they don't fit, I am going to give them away to a little girl. Maybe a little girl who lives in a van." So I told her to repeat this to her father when he got off the phone (with his father for the 14th time this weekend. Yes, they called us that many times. Seriously. I have two witnesses). So, she did. She waved the socks in front of him and told him that she was going to "give these socks to a little girl, a little girl who lives in a van. A van down by the river." Ooops. I think the look on my husband's face was part disgust with me and partly going to crack a laugh at how she said it. Now, I have to find a little girl who lives in a van down by the river. Where is the river exactly?


signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails