04 December 2007

The Icelandic Love Connection




The Icelandic Love Corporation: I stumbled on this in the morning while googling what colour hair the mayor of my hometown had. Don't ask. These girls are blessed with talent and imagination. Call it weird or cuckoo, it ignites my creativity. I've been looking for a spark. I felt a connection to them. They are Icelandic. I have some Icelandic in me (1/4 to be exact). They were products of the 70s. I am a product of this decade. They dressed Bjork in crocheted masks and took pictures of her skulking in the bush. I have dressed my daughter up as a marshmallow baby, while my mom and I balanced her in a tub of marshmallows perched high on a stool and took pictures of her.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails