26 November 2011

Running with Gratefulness

Do you ever have those cliche moments when you just find your momentum?  Your groove?  Your energy?

Today I went for a run with our dog, Suma, and found myself floating on air because of gratefulness.  I was thanking the Universe for my legs, my muscles, my heart pumping blood, my lungs breathing fresh clean air.  The things I take for granted.  With the gratitude in my heart, I crossed over the creek on the  pedestrian bridge and looked down at Suma.  She was grinning ear to ear.  Anyone who knows Suma, knows this particular smile.  She was grateful too.  Grateful for her legs, her lungs, her heart, and for me.  She looked up knowingly at me as if to say "You rock, mom! Thanks for bringing me and picking up my poop with your tiny Teaopia bag."  I said the same with my heart to her - except for the poop part.  One day, we won't run together anymore.  Sooner for her, sadly.  As we met up with Burlington's best looking willow (.No, silly.  Not me!) the air smelled of a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies.  Thank goodness I live in a safe neighbourhood where fellow exercisers greet me with a smile and the wholesomeness of the neighbourhood was encapsulated in the aroma of those chocolate chip cookies. mmmm. grateful

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails