03 November 2011

Post-Halloween / Pre-Christmas Decorating

November.  She's that in-between month.  There is no snow on the ground and I come from the land where snow lands on Thanksgiving.  Canadian Thanksgiving.  That's in early October.  But now I live in the land where snow might fall by Grey Cup (American Thanksgiving) or maybe by Christmas and it's the wet, non-pretty variety.  So, how to decorate?  Is there any point in putting up a Christmas tree yet? Nope. So, what's a girl to do?


Hideaways?  Me thinks me love.

Perhaps more tropical than we can hope for in November, but why not reach for the stars?


Cute little mini-cottage. This reminds me of the playhouse my dad and grampa built me with its dutch doors. How cute with books piled up to the rafters.
Source: imgfave.com via Laura on Pinterest


A great spot to stash a bed and create an instant hideaway.


What girl wouldn't love this spot?  Just guessing, or fantasizing here - but, do you think you can hide things in those stairs?



Every attic hideaway deserves a chandelier!




I'm a little torn with this one.  Part of me is oddly creeped out that a kid would want to go in there and play.  While the other half of me says, what kid wouldn't want a secret hideout to go in and play in?  I just don't see a door handle on the inside of those rather large closet doors.  Sorry, I think this might be an epic fail.



This is my favourite.  So easy.  So doable.  Seems to me I've seen this done in my own kitchen!


signed, the willow


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails