28 September 2009

The Bespoke Ent


My little *Mila* (who is still 5) took this using my camera.  I let her experiment with black and white, sepia, zooming, etc.  But it was really important for her to take this picture of the "tree with a face".  See, that matters way more to a 5 year old than it does to you or me.


I have to say that one of my most favourite places in Ontario is Hidden Valley Park in the Aldershot neighbourhood of Burlington.  This photo doesn't even capture all that it has to offer.  The trail, the trees.  There are Shagbark Hickory trees here that just stun me.







And of course, we love love love La Salle Park in Burlington as well.  The swans, the geese, the ducks, the sailboats and our walks on the trail that just could go on forever with laughs and gigles along the way.


So, my list today is my 5 favourite places in Ontario:

5.  Grindstone Creek, Hidden Valley Park, Burlington, Ontario
4.  Dorset tower in the Fall in Dorset, Ontario
3.  Stratford, Ontario by the Avon River
2.  Dundas Valley Conservation Area
1.  My parent's lakeshore property on Pelican Lake in Sioux Lookout that looks across to Sioux Mountain

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails