04 February 2009

Suma & the Spelling Bee - A Doggy Tale

With so many sick days at home for *Mila*, my patience is wearing thin. I think she's taken the words "You can have whatever you like" a little too serious lately. So, I dragged her out today, after shoveling for the 19th time this week, for a little walk with Suma and I.

Now, Suma has been known to be very communicative in her almost 8 years. When she was a puppy, she would yawn out words like "hello" every morning to wake *Steve* and I up. Words that sounded more like "HAH-WOE". Today Suma decided to show off the fact that she too is learning how to read and write like *Mila*. So she expressed herself creatively in several snowbanks along the walk. First she scribed an "S" into the snow bank. I didn't think much of it, other than the fact that my dog waivers so much while she pees, while other dogs make a direct hole from the top of the snowbank to the ground below. A few steps further to the next driveway where she managed to empty her bladder again, a whole 2 seconds after her previous attempt, in the shape of a "U". Oh good God, where is she going with this? I dare not look any further into her messages in the snow. If she was trying to spell her name, that's one thing. But if she has messages that visitors from another planet gave her, I'm going to call David Letterman.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails