07 February 2009

Life was a song, You came along, I laid awake the whole night through

February is turning into a movie month around here. I don't have the chance to watch a movie, mostly because any kind of movie plot will keep me up all night believing it could happen to me AND *Mila* is awake past nine-thirty and I'm out like a light at eight. Don't worry, *Steve* puts her to bed. After they eat a 12-pack of donuts and down a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi, it's really no wonder they are night owls.

So far this month I have endured a Hilary Duff movie with *Mila*, and last night Suma and I enjoyed "Singin' In The Rain" with my "Hollywood dead boyfriend", Gene Kelly.

Okay, so maybe she slept through it.

And maybe Gene fell in love with this girl.
I love the part when the newspapers spin in with the hottest news! Big Bonanza for Diction Coaches. Were they like Speech Pathologists?

I want like 10 of these vowel posters.
When Donald O'Connor dances beside Mr. Kelly, it becomes obvious that Gene has lifts in his shoes.


Then Gene has to go and kiss this girl.
And then he sings and dances in the rain.

It's the over-bleached blonde on the right that Gene is supposedly involved with and his to film all his movies with (like Brad & Angelina). But she talks like a midget trapped in a closet with a sinus cold. If only they had a plan to make the movie work with Blondie and her annoying voice. Does anyone have any good ideas? Then Donald O'Connor comes up with the new contemporary plot of the movie. It involves a sandbag knocking somebody's skull so that they can have a French Renaissance dream.

So they get Gene's brunette girlfriend to dub over Blondie's voice. Great! Her again!

Thanks to Donald, they can include some more gratuitous scenes of Gene tripping the light fantastic.

Voila!

The singing and dancing numbers keep me tuned in. This must have been filmed in glorious Technicolor.

Gene tips his hat at me...

...says goodbye to the policeman who is about to arrest him for splashing in the puddles.

Oh Gene! Goodnight. I'll see you in Paris next weekend.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails