25 October 2007

Bath Time


The other day we were out and about. I can't remember exactly which store we were in or what we were perusing or being sucked into that day. Anyhow, I overheard a lady telling an older woman (who I assumed to be her mother) that her son had requested a bath "at 5:15 in the afternoon!??!?!?!?!" Goodness me! Can you fathom it? Requesting a bath at that time of day? What was that little boy thinking? OK, I'll put my sarcasm to bed right here and now. Am I the only parent out there that believes if your child asks you for a bath you jump at the chance? You run at 7 miles per hour up those stairs and run that water as fast as you can for them. You throw as many toys as you possibly can into that bathwater. You get it to just the right temperature and you even allow them have a night off of hair washing. Right now, it's 8 a.m., I have not breathed a word of this story to my 3.5 year old and she's in the bath since she asked me for a bath this morning at 7:45 a.m.?!?!?!?!? What the H-E-double-hockey-stick was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!? And yes, I brought the laptop in here with us....that's what I call courage.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails