24 April 2013

F Scott would be pleased



Years ago, I sat down and watched Gatsby.  I think I read the book (note:  I'm not a fiction reader, I prefer a textbook any day) but it's the movie I remember.  Robert Redford played Gatsby.


Yeah, him.


And now we have Leonardo:


Slightly believable.  Brad Pitt would have convinced me on looks, but I think Leo will play it best.  Well cast.




Then we had Mia Farrow playing Daisy



And now we have Carey Mulligan

I'm not sure I believe it yet.  But proof will be in her acting.




Then it was Sam Waterston who played Nick Carraway.

Yeah, Sam from Law & Order.



Now we have Tobey Maguire.

Completely seeing this character emerge already.


I'm not a fan of the movie theatre, but I could see myself going to see Gatsby.  How about you?  What's on your list to go see at the movies?

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails