17 February 2010

So Sorry, So Very Very Sorry

One of the best parts about being deliciously Canadian is that we love to apologize.  We free our spirits with a little "I'm sorry.  So very sorry.  So very, very sorry."  Why is that?  Oh well, sorry for boring you with that thought. 

As I continue to seek out the perfect epitome of "Modern Muskoka", I knew I was drawn to Emma's Design Blogg for a reason.  I love her great sense of style and Swedish flair for the All-Things-Scandanavian.  Makes me feel like I'm sort of her Canadian cousin of Icelandic and British descent.  (See, sorry about the lack of Canadian identity yet again.)  So today, I stumble across this.  Emma, you simply just "get it".  If there was ever a reason to walk outside and scream "SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT!", it is Emma!  She could be listening for me from Sweden and hear my Muskoka cries.   Yes Emma, Modern Muskoka might very well be Rustic Swedish.  And that birch bark ring from elizabeth scott's botanical jewellery store on etsy brings tears to my eyes how much it reminds me of home and the paper birch trees that we spent lazy summer days peeling the bark (that had already fallen from the tree) over and over again until only the ribbons of pink were left.   It should be our national tree, I think.  Oh, I'm sorry for that. 

If you need more of Emma's Design Blogg, click here OR find her as a permanent fixture on my sidebar titled design links.  Oh and did I mention "I LOVE THE SWEDES!"?

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails