18 February 2010

Chairs: I admit to my obsession

I have this incredible obsession with dreaming of the new perfect dining chairs that I'll purchase some day.  In all reality, I'll probably have to endure a few more years of slops and crayon curls on the sixten IKEA chairs that grace my home in their outdated beige tone.  I think the price was close to the name, hence the reason we chose them. 

Now we're putting together an eating bar on the pass-through from our kitchen to our living room.  So now I obsess over counter stools, as well.

Tonight I found this:  Emeco.  She's an adorable Italian shop and here is how she describes herself (I call her a she.  Because she's a feminine shop, this gal):

We make chairs. That’s what we do.
Handmade from 80% recycled Aluminum.
It’s not easy. In fact it takes 77 steps to get there.
Designed to last for 150 years.
Now that’s what we call sustainability.

gehry's superlight chair



starck's icon chair

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails