16 March 2009

My Gold Medalist

The past two weeks my mom was here with us and yesterday we sadly released her on loan to my brother. I know, not fair! Today we've been sighing and *Mila* was found covered in party hats on the floor rolling around moaning "Birthday Party" with a belly full of broccoli.

There was a highlight on the weekend. This was in addition to Colin and Justin. I'm speaking of my nephew, *Barrett*. You may as well know, we all go by our middle names on this blog. All but *Steve*, he has no middle name and simply prefers to be called "Steve". Okay, where was I? Right, my nephew. He competed in a National Nordic ski race held in Duntroon, Ontario (close to Collingwood). This was his first national race and his first 10 K race! At one point he skied past us with what appeared to be a plastic bag on his boot. I think it was a flag. He did really well and we're all so proud of him. He'll be our gold medalist always....so will his little sister who I hear can give her age category a run for their money.

Were we nuts thinking that *Mila* would climb that hill? Good thing for Uncle *Rodney*!



There are endorsements on his outfit. Does he know that? Is that cool or what?


When I was a kid X-country ski poles had to fit under your armpits. Guess times have changed. Now they skate ski and the poles reach over their heads.



Beyond this hill 90 cars were stuck in the mud. We were one of those cars. Thanks to the kind fellow Ontarians who helped to push us out!

Gramma, come back!


signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails