31 March 2009

Are you wondering how I know Bono?

Ok, so maybe he's not the real Bono. He just portrays one occasionally on the streets that have no name in Huntsville. That was a U2 joke, mom. Sometimes, he tries to convince us that he is a local celebrity there with his fancy friends. He's made cottage floors for these dudes that play for the Maple Leafs, maybe one guy that has his own tv show in syndication, and a few others that know Shania Twain. By the way, he's really my live-in-the-flesh-brother.

His best story by far was the day that a gaggle of teenagers approached him in front of the LCBO. Why are teenagers hanging around out in front of the liquor store? They wanted his autograph. While he ham-chammed it up with whomever he was ham-chamming it up with, these kids giggled and insisted on an autograph. The bantering went on for several minutes while my brother chatted them up and finally caved. He said to them something like "I really can't let this go on any further, just who do you think I am?" They said "Well, you're Bono of course!" Right! Forgo the Irish accent. Forgo the bodyguard. And would that be my brother's Mike Holmes' truck? Yep. Teenagers these days sure don't know their rock stars very well. Guess I can't impress them with my story of Katrina and the Waves! Chuck, if you click on that Katrina link there will be no boobies and you'll be admitting to the fact that you are too young to remember Katrina or her #1 hit song.

signed, the willow

3 comments:

  1. What, you don't think that I too walked on sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you were too young to witness Katrina plastered in a St. Boniface cabaret in the 80s. Come to think of it, so was I!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails