27 January 2009

I AM Canadian

It just wouldn't be right if I didn't honour two Canadian success stories in my family. First, my mother (aka Lady of the Lake), who has lived in this country called Canada for 97% of her life, received proof of her Canadian citizenship this month. Finally. Acknowledgement from the government that her tax dollars are in fact Canadian. Lady of the Lake's mother is a Canadian. Her husband is a Canadian. Her children and grandchildren, we are all Canadians. Her income tax is paid to Canada in Canadian dollars. Well, to make an extremely long and dramatic story much shorter: Congratulations Mom and welcome to your country! We've been waiting for you for a long time.


Secondly, my little cousin has just graduated from RCMP college. He's got the outfit to prove it. Way to go Cousin X! I'd put your real face and your real identity here, but you may need some anonymity in the future. We're all really proud to have our country protected from "illegal aliens" like the aforementioned Lady of the Lake.


signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails