13 May 2010

A Dance To Danby

As a little girl I grew up appreciating the art of Canadian artist, Ken Danby.  He fit the criteria that I still value today:
1. Canadian
2. Northern Ontario roots (Ken Danby was born in Sault Ste. Marie)
3. Subject matter related to nature
4. Contemporary
5. Sense of relaxation through the comfort of faded blue jeans.

Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to be in the presence of a young lady who grew up knowing Mr. Danby very well.  So well, that her mother was the Sunbather.

Canada misses Ken Danby.

signed, the willow

1 comment:

  1. First,,if we find a Tommy I get him every other day and we can alternate weekends:D The other things is we can't let steph get his claws into him first,,"yes" our Tommy will have to be cut and Handsome, But we had him First... that's settled! I love the Mr. Danby art!! Very nice =^..^=
    See you soon,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails