04 December 2009

As Shallow as a Wading Pool

Tonight as I opened up my mail I began my usual "feeling sorry for myself" hour of the night.  Until I opened up my birthday card from my mother. 

So, yes Mom, I received your great card and your wonderful gift.

Now to describe my hour of self-wallowing.  I sat there and began to day dream about the countertop, sink and tap that I would "need" in my bathroom to fit into my status symbol world.  I opened another bill and changed the address over the phone for this biller with a fellow in a third world country, where English was obviously rehearsed and not even a secondary language for him.  I was frustrated and not feeling the least bit sorry for someone who obviously worked in a boiler room.  There were voices in the background, they weren't happy voices.  And then I opened up my mother's card.  Inside she gave me the gift of giving to those less fortunate.  A health check up for 5 children and vitamins for a year for 5 children.  You too can help the hungry.....Food For the Hungry.  I promise to not feel sorry for myself because my sink and tap are not in vogue.  I promise to feel more for those who actually do need a sink with clean water flowing from it.  After all, avocado green isn't as bad as an infectious disease is it?

signed, the willow

1 comment:

  1. could you email me privately. i have a quick question for you. Paigegroen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails