30 October 2009

As I was saying about the Swedes

This is where I want you to begin.  Forget about IKEA.  I had a momentary lapse as I struggled with packing, moving, real estate deals, lawyers, and yes even the FLU!  The other day, I was flipping through pages of pictures on desiretoinspire.  Yes, they are 2 very talented and creative women, one being Canadian. 

They had linked over to this blog Dos Family by two women that live 7 hours apart in Sweden named Isabelle and Jenny.  I love the Swedes again because they relate their distance from one another in time, a favourite pastime in Canada.  And so I began my journey of getting lost on the internet. 

I went here to mikodesign where blogger Erika blogged about her textile designs.  Ok, I don't believe that she's Swedish, but what do I know.  She has a daughter named *Mila*, so that makes her a wonderful thing.  And her textile designs are to die for.

Then I went to freshly found and found myself spot on in South Africa. 

Next I wandered into kids haus.

And next to one of my all time faves:  Skinny laMinx.  Faves because my Grampa called me Skinny MaLinx or Skinny LaMinx when I was a little girl.  And well, my Grampa is always looking out for me from above and I'd do anything to make him proud that I became that unique individual he said I would be.  Again, Skinny's not a Swede, but a South African.  Not that there is anything wrong with being a South African.

Because my mom, Lady of the Lake, and I are big paper fans:  Papier Mache magazine.  Now I've hopped over to Australia.

And lastly for today, some Aussie goodness, lmnop.  As simple as that.

signed, the willow



 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you popped down to South Africa! It's good for me to to meet a Canadian too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails