17 June 2009

Forest Friends

Meet 'Mishkyn and Boris'. Well, that's what I've decided to call them. They are the forest friends I have been waiting for. Talented artist Kitty Empire was kind enough to conjure this messenger bag up and send it to Ontario. Most amazing to my 5-year old daughter that she could sew this. "Your 'passenger' bag is handmade? That's just amazing. How did she make it? ... She sewed it? How? I just can't believe that she sewed that 'passenger' bag for you mom!"
Handcrafted of vinyl, so it survived today's downpour and killed no forest friends. And Kitty Empire was kind enough to donate 5% of this month's sales to Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare. How cool is that? Since Mishkyn was a bunny I had as a little girl that unfortunately was taken too soon from us by a nasty skunk. Okay. Moving on.
Mishkyn and Boris welcome to your new home.





Let me just enter the secret code. No peeking.


Try not to trip over all the toys that *Mila* left on the floor this morning. This will happen quite often. Also, expect to be sniffed quite readily by a canine. She's harmless, but she is convinced she's part beagle. Just go with it.


Thanks for coming grocery shopping with me. Even though I lost my list (from my pocket, silly) I'm pretty sure we picked up everything we need and we by-passed the junk food aisles.

If you haven't noticed yet, we will be taking you on many a shopping excursion. *Mila* had to stop and make her Dad a Father's Day card at Old Navy. While they don't sell ties, they put them on their cards (? Yeah, I know).




So we did pick up a tie. Shhh! and a pink basketball. How cute will it be when we're outside watching *Mila* and *Steve* shoot hoops?



When we go to IKEA, we'll find a whole bunch of things that we won't need. But they are so cute and you'll love them too.



Let's not forget your very cute partner that I picked up for *Mila*, Fawnzelle (thanks Dooce). Check out those size 13 shoes she picked out for herself and this great Canada Day tee. If you can't make it out: heart + (:)) = maple leaf. Love plus happy people equals Canada. Or Big Sugar + Stompin' Tom = Canadian.

Occasionally, Boris and Mishkyn, you will be asked to plantsit.




The beast known as Suma will surely cuddle with you, even if harbor no sausages.



Join us for some "home-schooling" that we do for pure fun. We draw our own flags and then memorize them. See the Iceland one? Good, get used to that topic of conversation.



*Mila* will take you up and down the stairs for breakfast, lunch and dinner with her. She'll ask you to pass her the sugar. Don't fall for it!

Maybe I'll ask you to carry Dooce's book "it sucked and then I cried" around. Don't worry, it's not that heavy.



Mimzy and Emma (part deux) are the faux forest friends that live with *Mila*. At night they'll want your contents.










I'll show you my outfits and ask you for your opinions. Be honest, but not brutally honest.



Put your head on my pillow if you like.

And say goodnight.
Goodnight.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails