29 September 2011

Brown Paper Bagging It

Since *mila* has to present on how she feels about herself by placing 5 objects in a paper lunch bag tomorrow,  I thought I'd try the same.  Remember, it has to fit in a paper bag!


source:  club doctissimo

1. a croissant:  I can't put the cappuccino in the bag.  I like to think of myself as pensive and a bit of a daydreamer that can sit over an americano and a nice croissant in an outdoor cafe in Paris.



source:  art paints

2. an indigo paint chip:  Rich in character like the colour indigo. Dark and mysterious.  Vibrant and fun.




source:  touches home interiors

3.  a crystal door knob:  It creates prismatic views of life.  It allows others to open new doors.  It is the way in or out, not the door itself.  It's like I need the attention that a doorknob from 'Alice in Wonderland' would need in order to be opened.  I like to be tippy-toed around, handled with kid-gloves and all those other wonderful things!  No, I'm not a princess or a diva, just fragile like that crystal door knob,




source:  schleich

4. a toy icelandic horse:  it's unique and has a gait like no other (I have a normal gait, but I march to my own drum).  It's a reminder to be true to who I am.  It's a reminder of my familial roots (my great-great grandparents emigrated from Iceland to Canada).   Oooh, that's a boy pony, isn't it?  Eeek, sorry about that.




source:  coo home designing

5.  an ikea catalogue collection:  First of all, I have a collection of IKEA catalogues.  This is not my collection.  I guess if you have no clue who I am or just started to read my blog, you probably haven't noticed that I'm a bit of an IKEA freak.  Been there for dinner tonight, have a Billy bookcase in just about every room.  I know each and every catalogue like the back of my hand.  How does it describe who I am?  Well, I'm a bit obsessive.  I like to collect and I can't dare throw anything out (sometimes).  I'm loyal.  Loyal like a dog.  I was born in the year of the dog.  99% of my home items come from IKEA.  I like to think that IKEA acts with integrity and I like to think I do too.  Or at least I try.

+++++=====++++++


Normally I would identify myself by my relationships.  I'm a mother, I'm a daughter, a sister, a wife, a grand-daughter, a cousin, and an aunt.  But, this time I needed the autonomy lesson.  We all do.  Life gets busy and life can whisk us away to places that take us down roads where we forget who we are.

Take some time to fill up your bag.

What did you put in yours?

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails