11 December 2011

We put the tree up

Unfortunately, we copped out of the sea creature theme this year.  And I'm starting to wonder what everyone puts on their tree to "tie it all together". In the 70s we used garlands. In the 80s, we pulled out the ribbons.  In the 90s, feather boas got tossed on our trees.  Somewhere the beads came out again.

We're a full dozen Christmas trees into the 21st century and I still have ribbons on my tree.  Help!

Here's what the internet consensus says.


Reclaimed wood:
Source: flickr.com via Molly on Pinterest



Au naturel:


post its:




What about this?
Sugar Skull Christmas Garland
source:  Etsy * The Doll City Rocker


Outdoorsy:


source: Design Sponge




Love this one!




tulle and burlap?





So, I'm thinking of starting this now for next year.  Maybe I'll do my baking now for 2012 as well.  Yack.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails