31 August 2009

Predator and Prey







Today amidst the dryer repairman letting his mouse out of the house and painting the garage door, I stumbled upon the predator on my deck. I turn on the tap and there he is just sitting there watching, waiting. Right on my deck.
"Hello, like, there, hawk dude, like, we're not rodents and, like, so the dryer repair dude might have some mice to, like, let out of his shorts, dude."
Tonight, we found the prey. Mr. B. Bunny hiding under the neighbours shed. From talking about the bunny, I turned to *Steve* and told him about the hawk that I photographed earlier in the day. When we told *Steve* about the hawk and showed him these pictures all he said was "Why is our car parked at the bank?"
Me: "Because I let *Mila*, our 5 year old, take the car over there today when she went to apply for a mortgage on a treehouse. Nutbar! That's not our car!"
Sometimes the wonderment of nature ceases to amuse him. He's better off appreciating nature on a 55" Sony while watching a Blu-ray version of King Kong. Ah, nature at its finest.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails