11 August 2008

Northwestern Ontario Blueberries


And I know. I've been absent for a while. Making good use of the weather we brought up north with us. There's been swimming, boating, scrapes and bruises, attack of the killer mosquitoes and snoring dogs. It's been so good, I've forgotten that I even had a blog. Now I must be bored and back with a vengance. My week off was deserved and more hectic than ever.


Now, on with the most desired of all good things to be desired from NWO (Northwestern Ontario)....blueberries. If you've eaten blueberries from the grocery store, they've more than likely had the circumference of that of a Canadian nickel, been as tasteless as a rock and left you feeling, "Who cares about blueberries.". You my dear need to try the real northern lowbush blueberries of NWO.


Blueberry Muffins


1/4 cup soft butter

1/4 cup sugar

1 egg, well beaten

1 1/2 cups pastry flour

1/2 tsp salt

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup milk

1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)


In a bowl cream together bugger and sugar, add egg and mix well. Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk and fold in blueberries. Fill 12 buttered muffin tins with batter (2/3 full). Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails